by Jeanne Luzzi
- 1½ cups flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 8oz bag blanched almonds (toasted)
1. Mix flour, eggs, vanilla, and salt to form a soft dough. Divide dough into 4 parts.
2. On a well-floured surface, roll out each portion of dough with a rolling pin and cut into strips, then into small pieces. Deep fry in oil and drain.
3. In a large pan, mix honey and sugar. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes, not letting syrup get too brown. Let cool slightly.
4. Stir drained struffoli and toasted almonds into honey mixture. Wet hands and shape into a wreath on a serving platter.
From Stickley: In Good Taste Cookbook, third edition